Thursday, March 11, 2010

The power of words : The Hamilton Rap

Speaking as someone struggling in the deep dark dunes of Dissertation District (sorry but couldn't help the alliteration - been starved for some creative release since thesis writing is anything but) , I have been newly reminded of the power of words. This has been in the back of my mind for this entire DAY (in caps to indicate that I have lost all sense of time ...Dissertation District is dispairing oblivious to the diurnal doings of our precious planet - no apologies this time: you seem to know what you have gotten yourself into - but the past "earth month" has shrunk into the "Dissertation Day "). Now see, thesis writing would be so much more fun, if I can entertain random distractions in thought like in a blog (wanna go ride bikes? Gah, don't listen to me - I am all jacked up on mountain dew [ref: Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Journal: Hollywood, Year: 2006]. Woo Hoo.

Back to what I was actually blogging about - the power of words. A picture's worth thousand words, I am told. Being the 21st century (hopefully it still is or Dessertation Day has been temporally dilating faster than my simulations) lets up the game and post a video on the amazing power of words. Check it. Be Blown Away.



ps: Thanks to Guy Tal for passing this along !
pps: You know you are truly out of touch with your life when you take a minute to remember your own (blog) pen name. Ouch. Can't wait to get back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment